Thursday 20 March 2014

DRAFT EVALUATION ACTIVITY 2


How does your media product represent particular social groups?

In order to capture the correct image that I wanted my artist to portray, I used details from already famous artists and photo shoots that they are well known for. For example...

For my DPS shot, I have taken inspiration from a photo shoot from Jessie J that is the same photo shoot of her first album cover. I have Katy posing with something in her mouth.  I think that this increases the use of the male gaze because having an open mouth is seen as quite sexual.
Also, from this photo of Jessie J, I have taken the idea of lipstick. I like how Jessie has got lips that really stand out because of the colour. This was vital in my magazine as I have cloned the colour of Katy's lips on most of my pages to the masthead or title so it is important that they stand out.


  

I have taken inspiration for my contents page photo from these photos of Rita Ora and Miley Cyrus. I like the way that they have included their clothes into their pose. I like this idea as mostly, clothes are forgotten in photo shoots, whereas these two photos really do draw attention into the clothes.


From this photo of Rihanna, I have taken Katy's pose on my cover page. I really like how expressionless Rihanna's face is in this, so I took inspiration from it. I made Katy have her mouth open a little, like Rihanna as I think this expands the male gaze.
Also from this I have taken Rihanna's hair. Katy does not have the same hair as Rihanna but I have taken the size from Rihanna. In this photo, Rihanna has quite large hair and I wanted to imitate that in my photos of Katy as I like her hair and I wanted to make it as big as possible.











In terms of styling, I have taken inspiration from Nina Nesbitt in this photograph. I like the styling of this photograph as I feel it is as simple as it can be. The main focus of this photograph is Nina's face as none of the spotlight is taken by her clothing. I wanted to take this and apply it to my cover photo, I wanted the image to be about Katy's face and not what she was wearing. This is why I had her dress in a plain white top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment