Wednesday 19 March 2014

DRAFT EVALUATION ACTIVITY 4


Who would be the audience for your media product?


This is Georgia Spanner. She is 17 years old and attends College and is studying Art. She lives in Central London. She makes sure that every week, she purchases a copy of Billboard on her way home from college. This is so that she is up to date in the pop-music world and she likes to read about her favourite pop artist like Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and One Direction.
She has been to see all of these artists in concert and plans to go see them all again in the near future. Georgia has a twitter where she blogs all of her thoughts and feelings and has a large amount of followers because of the reviews of the concerts she goes to on her twitter.
As Georgia is only in college, she will only pay around £3 for a weekly magazine, £5 for a monthly copy. 
Georgia likes to shop is places like Top Shop, New Look, American Apparel, Urban Outfitters and River Island. This is because at the weekends, to help her afford to go to concerts, she works at her local New Look every Saturday.
In a magazine, Georgia looks for her favourite artists on the cover. She likes it when the cover is based on one person, not having lots of small images around the outside as she thinks this looks messy. She does not like lots of writing on a magazine as it is too much and she thinks it takes away from the main image.


This was my audience profile that I made before I started to make my magazine. I think that I have based my magazine a lot on what I had said in this audience profile. I have made my magazine to fit this girls profile very closely.
I think that Georgia would buy my magazine as I have thought about her price range and priced my magazine at just £2 so that all of my target audience (16-24 year old girls) would be able to afford it. Also, I have taken a lot of artists from the artists that Georgia likes as she has described that she likes Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and One Direction, many of these are featured in my magazine. This is important for my target audience as they will buy the magazine based on who is featured in a magazine. For myself, being in this age range, I can say that if my favourite artist was in the magazine or on the cover, I would be more interested in buying the magazine as if they wasn't.
On this it mentions that Georgia has a twitter account and follows a lot of her favourite artists on twitter. I added onto the bottom of my article where girls like Georgia who have twitter accounts can follow the up and coming artist that I have featured in my article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment