Wednesday 19 March 2014

DRAFT EVALUATION ACTIVITY 6


What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?




 Macbook Pro: I used a Macbook for editing my magazine. This was a new experience for me as I had never used a Mac before. I had to learn how to use all of the features of the Mac pretty quickly, so that I could start editing my magazine. I think that this really helped me with the making of my magazine as it is a fast and effective piece of hardware. The only problem was that my work was only saved on this computer, it would not automatically transfer to other computers around the school, this inhibited me a little, but fortunately not a lot.
Blogger: Blogger is an online website that lets users write "posts" and post them on the internet for everyone to see using their own URL. I have used blogger to all the way through my project to show my work to my teachers and peers. I blogged every part of my coursework from my research, planning, mock products, final drafts and now, my evaluation. I had used this website before this project but as I used it a lot more in this project, I gained a greater understanding of it and now can fully use this website. I really like this website, its easy to use and has really helped me with my coursework as my friends could comment on posts i'd made to leave feedback.
Tripod: I used a tripod whilst taking my photo's. This is because I wanted my photographs to be very symmetrical. Especially for my cover, it was essential that the picture was not wonky or off balance. Using the tripod was essential when taking my photographs, I like this piece of equipment, it helped me a lot.
 Safari: I used Safari to access my "Blogger" URL so that I could post a lot about the planning and making of my magazine. It was also an essential piece of software whilst I was doing my research as it enabled me to use the website "Google" to find different inspirations. Also, it enabled me to use coverjunkie and UKTribes

Photoshop: I had never used photoshop before this project, but it was absolutely essential that I used it. It helped me cut out particular parts of photos using the lasso tool and remove backgrounds from an image. I edited my photos on Photoshop using the brightness and other image manipulation features. I also learnt how to remove blemishes from Katy's face e.g. Smile lines










 Animoto: I used Animoto to present my 25 word pitch to my class on. I think that this helped me quite a lot as it was easy to use and gave me lots of different ways to present my work that was different to other websites that I'd used previously.
 Microsoft Word 2010: I used Microsoft Word to type out my article as I used to spell-checker tool to make sure that there was no mistakes in my article as photoshop or blogger would not pick this us. I had used Microsoft Word a lot before this project so it was very easy to use
 Flickr: When I had taken my draft photographs of Katy, I created a slideshow on Flickr of all of my photographs so that I could post them on my blog in a new and creative way so that I can get feedback on them
 Soft lighting boxes: I used the soft lighting boxes when I was taking my photographs as it was essential that the lighting was done professionally and not just using flash on the camera. This was so that my photographs were properly lit so that when I opened them up in photoshop, there was no shadows on them as my photographs needed to be crisp to fit in with my magazine
SurveyMonkey: I used survey monkey to create a questionnaire to gain feedback from my peers about what music magazines they typically buy and what they look for in a music magazine. I also received feedback from my questionnaire about the idea of my magazine and what they thought of the name BEAT for my masthead






CAMERA: I used the Nikon D3200 camera as it made my photographs that I took of Katy look very professional as it is a high quality camera and would highlight and capture every part of Katy's face perfectly. I had never used a professional camera before but this camera was easy to use and really aided me in taking some good pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment