Wednesday 19 March 2014

DRAFT EVALUATION ACTIVITY 5


How did you attract/address your audience?



I used the correct pop alternative conventions on my magazine by using a female model posing on the cover. This used the convention of the male gaze as my model is posing in quite a sexual and inviting way. This was not for the attraction of males, but to make my model look as appealing as I can as in many pop alternative magazines, women use the male gaze in their photographs but not for males. 
By using the correct conventions when producing my magazine it has attracted my target audience of 16-24 year olds. 
The use of bold and eye catching colours attracts my audience as they help make the photograph stand out on the page. Especially as the main selling point of my magazine is my artist. I have to use a well-known artist or an up and coming artist that isn't quite famous but getting there as it will help attract my readers in. In my magazine, I have used an up and coming artist on my front cover, but to make my magazine look more appealing to my audience, I have added names of known artists that will feature in the magazine as I feel that this will grab the readers attention and make them want to buy my magazine, if the person on the cover hasn't sold it to them. 
On my double page spread, to grab my readers attention, I have used two things. I have used a pull quote, so that the reader will read the quote and hope to want to read the rest of the article, this is effective as it grabs the readers attention into the article. I have also used a full-page photo on the left hand page to attract the reader. Hopefully, this will grab the readers attention as they may want to see who this up and coming artist is from the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment