Monday 13 January 2014

Analysis of existing titles and decision on own title

I like the colour scheme of this title, but I think that it depends what colour scheme the rest of the magazine cover has. If the colour scheme of the magazine was pink and green, then the title of the magazine would clash with it. This would be bad for the magazine as it may make it look tacky because it is important that the colour scheme matches the title.




This title is my favourite, it is short and sweet. Mojo has links to music, which is to do with the genre of the magazine. I like the font of this title, it is plain but it has something about it. The M and the J look as if they are a different font to the O's. The fact that the J stretches out lower than the rest of the writing looks good because it does not conform to the typical magazine title that is in a rectangle. I like the writing "The music magazine" because at a first glance, the buyer of the magazine will only read MOJO whereas when they look at it again they will see the smaller writing.

I don't like this title. The name of the magazine is good, but I do not like the way that they have presented it. I think that titles of magazines, which will appear on every magazine, need to be simplistic. They need to be bold enough to stand out but not too busy so that they blend in with the writing. With the two pictures and the fact there are two words, I think that it is too busy, and with a magazine that has a lot of writing on it, will get lost.

I like the name of this title, you can clearly see how it is linked in with the music genre, but I think that it is a little bit plain in its presentation. I think that it looks like someone has just copied and pasted it from Microsoft Word, there was not much thinking in the presentation of this title. Although, it will go with all styles that the magazine decide to have as it is plain.


 I think that this title will really stand out, although, I don't know what the title has to do with Music. The use of the red background and white writing looks like the XXL is cut out. This will really stand out when presented on any magazine because it is bold and can be resized easily. The individuality of the presentation of the title will be very recognisable within the magazine industry. Also, the title will fit in with the magazine colour scheme as long as it has red somewhere on the page.  



My title of my magazine will be...
BEAT

No comments:

Post a Comment