Wednesday 15 January 2014

Favourite magazine covers

I like the colours of this and how the dress colours match with the writing. I also love the font of writing on the side of the page. I like how thin  the writing is for "GOLD", I feel it does not take away anything from the main photograph, which is important to me. 

I like the style of the writing on the right and how the models are not looking into the camera, although this is a little bit of a unique pose for a magazine, I think with the letter V, it works. The simplistic colour pallet stands out to me as it does not really look like magazine cover. This is backed up by the piece of carpet or blanket in the back which would normally be removed. I like this magazine just purely for its originality. 

I like when the flowers are on the screen as they stand out a lot, I think that every magazine needs one element within it that stands out significantly more than others. This really takes this to another level by making sure that the picture of the women is not the main element as she is in black and white, as well as the background. This is then contrasted by the flower V, which is great as it is the masthead for the magazine. 

I like the colour styling of this magazine, although their is mostly white on this cover, I would not expect it to work but it does, it is really simplistic. Her pose is very interesting, when a girl is looking straight at the camera, the pose is typically very sexual, whereas this pose is almost angry or disappointed. This makes the woman on the front very intriguing to me.

The picture on the front of this cover grabbed my attention, I love the colours and how they've presented the writing. The colours of the background especially stand out to me as I would not expect any writing to stand out on these types of colours. This is proven wrong to me when I read the "NEW YORK + LONDON" bit of the cover. It does not stand out as much as I think it should but I really like it. It makes sure that although these is a bold title, the colours and image behind it is more important. 

I like the font of the title of the magazine as it is in a unique font, it gives it a title and a sort of logo at the same time. This is important as it is quite a good trait to have. If that font is then used in something else, it is good publicity for Esquire to be thought of. 

I like how this image looks like an everyday family photo, but with the gold writing has given it a sophisticated look. I also like the lack of writing, I think that it makes the image behind it stand out as much as possible whilst still being eye-catching because of the size. 


I like the colour scheme of this magazine. I have never seen a bright orange used in a magazine, and I think it really works. Especially against the off-white background. I also really like the font used in the sub-title. I love how sophisticated it makes the entire magazine. Also, the use of the italic in the sub-title. 

No comments:

Post a Comment