Wednesday 29 January 2014

MOCK UP




These are my mock cover, contents and double page spreads.

For the cover page, I have tried using a coloured background. I thought that this is what I would have wanted as I thought that it would make the model stand out more, but in my mock up, it has done the opposite of this. I think that looking at my mock up I have decided that I will use the original background of white. Whilst doing my photo shoot, I made sure that there was no shadows coming off my model. This is so that I do not have to photoshop any of my model to make sure that the shadow is removed. I think that in doing this, my model will be the CVI. I also have not used the right fonts for the cover page as the fonts I will be using are not yet on the computer. The fonts I will be using will be better as they will not be as bold. I also need to re-think the bottom of the cover page, naming all of the artists as I have got feedback saying that it is too full.

1 comment:

  1. Front Cover; For a mock up draft, you've portrayed your artist well, however you need to considered a more bolder colour palette. I'm not sure if the lilac background works with the colours and the photo you have used. The writing down the side, displaying different artists names seems very over crowded. I like you need to think about the positioning of lettering on your front cover, and also lining up everything so it looks more symmetrical. Font; You need more of a broader front, and the car code needs to be smaller and positioned differently.

    Double Page Spread; The layout of the double page spread is really well presented. I like the idea of having your artist spread over one page, and then the article on the other page. I think instead of the name "Katy Lewis" you need a stronger title across the top, and possible a subtitle from something in the interview. Maybe consider three columns instead of 2?

    Contents; Again, the positioning and layout looks good. I think the artist could be a little smaller, and maybe include another artist in the contents page? Also the date needs to be clearer, using the day and the month e.g. Friday 31st January 2014.

    ReplyDelete