Tuesday 14 January 2014

Language register

My magazine will not very a very formal magazine, as I will use very informal language. There will be no swearing in my magazine because my target audience is females aged 16-24 years old. The magazine will speak straight to the reader in an informal way, which will cut the barrier. I may also use slang words in my interviews as the questions will be straight to the artist and written down as they are said, I feel like this will give my readers a feel of being there, so that they can connect with the interview. Existing magazines that already do this are normally typical POP magazines, for example We<3Pop and Sugar. I think that this will make my audience want to read the articles in my magazine as they will be down to earth and not too serious, this is important for the target audience that I have chosen. It will also be important for the artist that I am interviewing as I will not edit their interview and will bring them closer to their fans, I am hoping that this will attract the biggest pop music stars to want to be involved in my magazine, to attract a wider range of audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment